The Heat Index

What is hot in Phoenix? Find out right here at The Heat Index, written by me, Heather.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

The Mets Dimension

I have to vent about what happens to me at Chase Field when certain teams are in town, and this means our fans are depolorable as much as Mets and Cubs fans are annoying. Friday night, we entered the Mets Dimension, otherwise known as Chase Field. We sat amongst all Mets fans. It was horrible. Diamondbacks fans, where were you? You were silent. These are my complaints about D-backs fans. Number one, they never show up on time to a game. It's the second inning and fans are still trickling in. I worked for KNBR San Francisco one summer and let me tell you, Giants fans get to the stadium on time.

Another thing that annoys me about D-backs fans is that they make no noise. They are chaste in showing their support for the team. D-backs fans (self included) are always silenced by the opposing team's fans which somehow seem to usually outnumber us. I hate that! You know what's worse worse than the Mets fans Friday night? Last year, 2005, Opening Day. The D-backs played the Cubs. I think my friends and I were the only three Diamondbacks fans in the house. It was windy, too -- how creepy is that? We stepped into Chicago when we walked into the BOB. (It was still The BOB then).

Look, I grew up here in the 80's and I've been back here six years now. I understand everyone here is from somewhere else. But it's so annoying to go watch the D-backs and feel like I'm in Chicago or New York. I'm a D-backs fan. I'm in Phoenix. I go to the game in my D-backs shirt and try to make some noise, but I can't compete as a fan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home