The Heat Index

What is hot in Phoenix? Find out right here at The Heat Index, written by me, Heather.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

A Second Date in The Valley

For our second date, The New Guy took me to Bada Boom! The Pasta Room in Old Town Scottsdale. The place had great décor, wonderful pasta with veggies and marinara sauce for me, and eggplant parmesan for him. We drank a wine called “The Big Score,” which was a white wine. Typically, I don’t go for white wine, especially the fruity ones as this was. But for some reason it wasn’t too sweet so I really liked it. Dessert was Cathy’s Rum Cake…if you could fit Heaven on a fork, this would be it!

After a short walk to window shop through the downtown art galleries, it was off to the Rhythm Room in Phoenix. He’d been there before but I hadn’t. The place was packed with a diverse, all ages group that included hipsters. Our favorite character was a dude that danced the ENTIRE time while wearing a “Fuck the police” baseball cap. Our second favorite was a blonde who was decked out in a vintage 40’s outfit. She looked fresh off the pages of a Norman Rockwell calendar.

The music was blues, and sounded fantastic. The highlight was Big Pete Pierson’s singing. The date ended as our 1st date did, back in Old Town Scottsdale at Jamaican Blue (or is it Jamaica Blue? I was so into the date I ignored the details). Unlike the previous week, the place was now packed so we sat outside feeling a lot more dressed up than the young slacker crowd inside.

Did I mention the new guy bought me flowers for this date? Because he did!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home