The Heat Index

What is hot in Phoenix? Find out right here at The Heat Index, written by me, Heather.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Accident City

I have now promised myself I will stop on yellow from now on. Last week, I saw two different accidents two days in a row where someone caused an accident because they floored it when the light turned yellow. One was outside my office, where an econo car mixed it up with an Escalade and lost. The second was at Power and McDowell. The Man and I were driving in the Bronco and luckily, he slowed down for the yellow. Not the guy next to us! This speeding bronze Taurus just floored it as we stopped and flipped a small truck in the intersection. This was not a very enjoyable thing to watch. I told The Man if he hadn't stopped, we would have been in it too. I think I learned my lesson.

Driving in this city is insane. Yesterday, we're driving down McDowell and saw an accident at every intersection, four intersections in a row. Not to mention the street was already overflowing with traffic, likely because a good chunk of the 101 was closed down.

If only we had better public transportation, so we didn't have to deal with all the drama on our roads...sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home