The Heat Index

What is hot in Phoenix? Find out right here at The Heat Index, written by me, Heather.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Tomorrow's March

I can't wait to see what happens in this city tomorrow with the big march. I heard a crowd of 120,000 is expected. It's like the Woodstock of illegal immigration! What a crowd! If I only I had something I could sell...I'd walk around and try to make some money!

Seriously, I heard downtown is going to be impossible tomorrow and that companies down there are sending people home at 11am. Others are telecommuting. Maybe it's just a good time to take a day off and steer clear from downtown.

I am so glad D-backs opening day isn't until Tuesday!

And is it just me, or does it seem like racial tensions are heating up in the city these days? My boyfriend was forcefeeding me KFYI, where I hear the attorney general's office has sent a nasty letter about comments one of their personalities made about illegal immigrants. The comments were to the effect of him wanting to lock and load at the border... Now that is a little harsh! Then someone on the radio station says that the Spanish station (which one she didn't specify) has been saying all kinds of nasty things about KFYI.

Can't we all just get along?

I work for the Peak and our sister station is KTAR, which is rolling out quite the staff for the march tomorrow. They're devoting every resource, every moment of concentration to the big march tomorrow. I can't wait to hear what happens. I'll be sitting in my comfortable office in Scottsdale, far away from downtown, traffic and television.

But on the day of the first march, I was home sick. I was channel surfing and found a huge story about an immigration march on CNN. It was in Phoenix...so I flipped to the noon news and found no coverage! I finally found something on someone's 4pm news (Channel 15?) It's always interesting to see something so huge happening in your city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home