The Heat Index

What is hot in Phoenix? Find out right here at The Heat Index, written by me, Heather.

Sunday, August 20, 2006

I got my picture taken at 40th Street and Bell!

How many times do I have to do this? This is my second ticket at that intersection since I've lived in the fabulous (lol) 85032 neighborhood in six years. Why? Not because I am a red-light runner, because I am not. I never gun it when the light turns yellow because I have lived here too long and I know that's a sure way to die or incur minor-to-major injuries because of other idiots who habitually run red lights. And considering how many people don't have auto insurance, I don't want to play that game.

I was driving to work Friday night, going 45 and hit the intersection as the light turned yellow. It turned red immediately, not even giving me a chance to clear the intersection and the flashbulbs went off. I know I do not deserve the ticket that will surely arrive soon in the mail. I was going too fast to stop right then and there because I was literally AT the intersection going 45 mph. There were no cars in front of me and at any other light I would have had plenty of time to clear that intersection. What I am saying here is that the intersection is rigged to give out tickets so the city makes money. Which I refuse to let happen. I plan to fight the ticket the best way I know how.

I am told you find out when your court date is, then reschedule it on a day your officer can't make it to court, and you're free. I am not spending 4 hours and $175 on traffic school. I can't afford the money or the time as a freelance writer and disc jockey, I work almost 7 days a week. Time is at a premium in my life. But more than that, it is the principle of me not even deserving that ticket. If I ran it, I wouldn't fight it. But I didn't run a red light! I was crossing an intersection as the light turned yellow and then red about two whole seconds later. That should not cost me $175. It's rigged. I am going to fight back and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home