The Heat Index

What is hot in Phoenix? Find out right here at The Heat Index, written by me, Heather.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

On the air tonight

I've been on the air tonight and had an amusing call about killing rattlesnakes. "Bill from Desert Hills" called to say he beat a rattler over the head with a shovel and killed it. Then a caller who said he was a herbatologist called to say that killing rattlers is illegal and there is a fine for it. Who knew? So I asked the herbatologist what you are supposed to do if there's a rattler on your property. He says you call 911 and have the fire department come out and get the snake for you so they can release it somewhere. Personally, I'd shoot it. I may be a vegan, but I've lived here long enough to know not to mess with the poisonous creatures, of which there are many. If it can kill me, I can kill it in self defense. Bill called later to say that he had to defend his kids and his German shepard, which I totally agree with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home